Once you reach age 45 and approach your ‘fragile 50’s’ health issues and medications can cause problems with sleep. Sleep issues can also add to health issues. Paying attention to health, sleep and retirement and make you sleep better.
This article talks about health issues and medications which can impact sleep. In addition, it makes the following suggestions:
1. See your doctor on a regular basis.
2. Contribute to your employer’s 401 or 403b plan.
3. If you have an HSA (health savings account) contribute the maximum allowed.
4. Pay attention to the investments in your retirement accounts and make sure they are balanced based on your age.
5. Obtain Long Term Care Insurance in your 40’s or 50’s when you are healthy and premiums are very affordable.
6. Sign a medical and financial power-of-attorney and let your family know of your wishes.
Read the full article here: http://longtermcareplanningnews.com/article?article=143
#sleep #health #healthcare #aging #longtermcare #retirement